This day tour takes you to visit two most interesting attractions around Ho Chi Minh City: the Tay Ninh Holy See of Vietnamese Caodaism and the legendary Cu Chi tunnel.
The Great Holy See Temple was built in 1926 as the first temple and Holy See of the Cao Dai faith. Cu Chi – the network of over 200km of tunnels functioned underground cities in the War. You will have the chance to experience real life underground (about 100 m away).
In the morning:
Getting started at 8:00 am from your hotel, transferring to Tay Ninh. On the way have breakfast with special food of Tay Ninh - banh canh gio heo (pork noodle). Arrive in Tay Ninh, visit the Great Holy See Temple considered one of striking structures in all of Southeast Asia. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the midday ceremony’s extravaganza to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers which is a fantastic experience.
Then having lunch before leaving Tay Ninh province to Cu Chi tunnels.
In the afternoon:
Arrive at Cu Chi Tunnels (Ben Dinh). The tourists will visit the following places:
- Movie theatre room: you will have a chance to watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed and lives under tunnels.
- Secret cellar-door
- Museum of self-made weapons
- Shooting range
- Garment-factory ammunition
- Tunnels: You will have the opportunity to experience real life underground (about 100m away)
- Kitchen Hoang Cam: where the food supply for the entire tunnel system.
- See and photograph and buy souvenirs before boarding the bus to Ho Chi Minh City.
We will return Ho Chi Minh city at 17:30