Con Dao is known as a brutal place, a training environment of patriotic solders against French colonialism and old Saigon regime. Visiting and studying a past period of Vietnamese nation, tourists will feel the life in Con Son hell on earth that is considered as a spiritual experience to gratitude deeply for national heroes sacrificed and stayed on this holy land.
Departure from: TP Ho Chi Minh
Destination: Con Dao
DAY 1 CON DAO – BEN DAM PORT
In the morning: Depart for Con Dao. Guide will pick tourists up at the airport. The guide picks you up at Con Son Airport. He brings you to the Resort to check in, on the road going through places such as villages of Co Ong, Lo Voi, Hang Keo, etc. Check in – relax- have lunch.
In the afternoon: Car and guide will pick visitors to visit the port in south of Con Dao island. It is named Ben Dam port:
- Firstly, visit Nui Mot pagoda (also known as Van Son pagoda): This is a restored from a former pagoda. Visiting pagoda to pray for luckiness in new year. Take a view from high position.
- Enjoy Da Trang beach and Shark cape sceneries. Visit the memorial monument to remind about the strongest prison escape event in Con Dao. Have a look to Love peak.
- At Nhat beach: The beach was made by millions of boulders with a white sandy beach at low tide.
- At Ben Dam port: Visitors are informed about the largest port in Con Dao. Enjoy the beautiful sceneries of Ba island and Thanh Gia mountain.
In the evening: Have dinner and take own leisure time.
DAY 2 LIGHTHOUSE – BAY CANH ISLAND
6:30am: Have breakfast.
7:30am: Moving to the port by car then to enjoy the boat trip: Lighthouse and Bay Canh island.
8:30am: Anchoring at Nha Kho rocky beach on Bay Canh island, visitors walk on the small road to the lighthouse (about 1km long). On the way, it is easy to enjoy landscapes in Con Dao as well as learning about National park natural resources.
9:00am: The lighthouse is in front of visitors. It was built in French time 1882 with special structure. The light still works until now to help boat traffic in Con Dao area. Take photograph and study about this lighthouse.
10:00am: Come back Nha Kho beach to get boat for Bo Dap beach – Bay Canh island. Go snorkeling to discover beautiful coral reefs in very clear water.
11:00am: Get the shore to explore the island with mangrove forest, learning about Sea turtles conservation, and then release hatchlings to the sea (if any). Swimming and freely, take photographs.
12:00pm: Have barbecue at Bay Canh station.
1:30pm: Come back the hotel and relax.
*Note: Option tour in case boat trip is imposible caused of weather.
SO RAY PLANTATION – ONG DUNG BEACH – MA THIENG LANH BRIDGE
8g00: Trekking in the forest up to a height of 260m to visit the So Ray plantation. Here you can explore tropical forest, many rare and endemic species such as Con Dao Long-Tailed Macaque, Con Dao Black gaint squirrel, and other native wildlife can be found in this area. You can make a town view from watch-towel.
10:00am: Continuing the trek to Ong Dung beach, you can see ancient trees and some bird species that only live in Con Dao such as Imperial Pigeon and Nicobar pigeon.
11:15am: You can go snorkeling to see coral and reef fishes at Ông Đụng beach, having lunch at Ong Dung Ranger Station and take a bit of rest..
12:00pm: Have baberque with Ranger in Ong Dung station.
2:00pm: On the returning trip, visitors can learn more about Côn Đảo’s wildlife by reading environmental interpretation signboards along the way. The tour stops at Ma Thiên Lãnh Bridge, a historical relic built by Vietnamese prisoners under the French regime in the 1930s.
6:30pm: Have dinner and enjoy Con Dao night
DAY 3 HISTORICAL RELICS – GOODBYE CON DAO
6:30am: Have breakfast at hotel’s restaurant.
8:00am: Car and guide will take visitors visit some famous Con Dao historical relics:
• The Lord Building: Formerly, this house was the working place of Lord generations. Visitors can learn about Con Dao history by the artifacts, antiques, photographs and materials were formed from the French colonial period to the present.
• Phu Hai Prison: The prison where pledged, exiled and tortured thousands of communist with names: Rice Tunnel, Cells,…
• French Tiger Cages: The center of Con Dao prison system. Discover Tiger Cages system built solidly hidden among the maze-like and eyesight fool buildings, where the most brutal tortures applied to prisoners.
• Visit the Hang Duong cemetery where is resting place of over twenty thousand Vietnamese revolutionaries and patriots through imprisoned generations, brutally tortured. Visitors incense to commemorate the heroic martyrs as well as Vo Thi Sau heroine.
10:30am: Check out.
11:00am: Have lunch.
In the afternoon: Go to the Con Son airport for the flight back to HCM city. Goodbye Con Dao.
9 - 10 pax
- Accomodation in bungalow
- A/C bus
- English speaking guide (other languages are available upon request with a little extra fee, please contact us for detail).
- Entrance fees
- Speedboat or normal boat for boat trip;
- Snorkeling gears
- Main meals (10$/meal) and breakfast at the hotel as program
- 1 wet tissue/day
- 02 mineral water bottles/pax/day
- Tourist insurance
- Vietnam Destination hat
- Air ticket
- Tips, personal expenses
- All not indicated in our itinerary
- THE WORLD HERITAGE ROAD (9D-8N) $610
- CAO DAI TEMPLE - CU CHI TUNNELS (1D) $41
- PHU QUOC 5D4N - TREKKING & SNORKELLING (5D-4N) $259
- DA NANG - NGU HANH SON - HOI... (5D-4N) $326
- SAIGON BY NIGHT (Half day) $
- EXPLORE THE DIFFERENCES OF CENTRAL HERITAGE (8D-7N) $
- HA NOI – NGHIA LO – TU LE... (5D-4N) $300
- SAI GON – DA LAT 3D2N (3D-2N) $172