Traveling to Cat Tien national park, you yourself would be in a quiet immense world where you could discover the primeval and enchanting beauty of forest orchids or listen to footsteps of nocturnal animals (Safari night); discover Crocodile Lake wetland which has been recognized as one of the international importance Ramsay networks on 04/8/2005…
NAM CAT TIEN NATIONAL PARK 2
Departure from: TP Ho Chi Minh
Destination: Dong Nai
DAY 1 SAI GON – CAT TIEN NATIONAL PARK – CROCODILE LAKE (L, D)
7:30AM Pick you up and depart for Nam Cat Tien park by open bus. Stop for breakfast at Hung Loc restaurant. Go ahead to Meeting-point at km126 which belongs to Tan Phu district, Dong Nai province then transfered by a car to the Headquarters of Cat Tien national park located at the other side of Dong Nai river. It takes around 3 minutes by a motorized boat to reach overthere.
After having lunch at headquarters, take a car through 9km green forest and trekking 5km more to Crocodile Lake (Bau Sau). Enjoy peafowl and water birds dancing in wild, the beauty and tranquility of natural.
Crocodile Lake wetland ecosystem stretches over 13.759ha which included 151 ha is frequently flooded; 5.360ha is seasonally flooded and the rest has altitude of less than 125m. These play an important role in maintenance and conservation biodiversity in the region as well as social and economic life of communities around the DongNaiRiver Basin, especially in controlling flood.
Dinner with Crocodile Lake’s rangers. Overnight in Crocodile Lake
Note: You can take rowing-boat along the Crocodile Lake (Excluded)
DAY 2 CROCODILE LAKE – HEADQUARTERS OF THE PARK – SAFARI NIGHT ( B, L, D)
7:00AM have breakfast and check out. Again, trekking 5km then transfered by car through 9km forest back to headquarters. Check in and have lunch.
In the afternoon, visit around Headquarters to discover and enjoy the beauty of natural world as well as admire a variety of trees and listen the sounds of jungle.
List of the plants in CatTien National Park have now been identified about 1610 species of 724 genera, 162 families and sub-families, 75 classes of vascular plants, with the dominant species being from the Dipterocarpaceae, Fabaceae and Lythraceae families. Some rare species in the IUCN Red Book can be named such as Afzelia xylocarpa, Sindora siamensis, Dalbergia bariensis, D. cochinchinensis, Dalbergia mammosa, Pterocarpus macrocarpus...
Safari night: Have dinner and then take a car along the jungle trails to observe wild animals such as deer, wild pigs, snakes, porcupines, gaur (rare) and weasels when they forage for food on the grasslands or in bushes during the night.
Overnight in Headquarters
DAY 3 HEADQUARTERS OF THE PARK – SAI GON (B)
7:00AM have breakfast. 10:30AM check out Headquarters of the park and leave for the Meeting point. You can have lunch in local restaurant nearby. Around 12:00 – 12:30 noon, bus will bring you back to Sai Gon.
9 - 10 pax
- A/C bus
- English speaking guide (other languages are available upon request with a little extra fee, please contact us for detail).
- Accommodation in the forest: Basic room 3 single beds in Crocodile Lake. If you want to stay basic bungalow 1 double bed, please pay extra cost 8$
2-3 people share room in Headquarters
- Entrance fees
- Motorized boat cross Dong Nai river
- Safari night tour.
- Leech Socks and shoes for trekking in forest.
- Meals as the program: 2 lunchs, 1 dinner (10$/meal), 1 breakfast
- 1 wet tissue/day
- water (2 bottles 500ml/day/pax)
- Vietnam Destination hat
- Travel insurance
- Tips, personal expenses
- All not indicated in our itinerary
Note: Room at the Crocodile Lake is in basic condition without air-conditioned. You have to share bathroom and rest room. The room only has a small light.
- CAI BE FLOATING MARKET - VINH LONG HOMESTAY... (3D-2N) $180
- SAIGON - DALAT - BUON MA THUOT -... (6D-5N) $292
- DA NANG - HOI AN - HUE -... (5D-4N) $314
- HANOI – MOC CHAU – MAI CHAU (4D-3N) $226
- VIET NAM EXPLORATION (32D-31N) $2,478
- HA NOI – NGHIA LO – TU LE... (5D-4N) $300
- CON DAO BEACH (2D-1N) $96
- MEKONG DELTA - PHU QUOC 5D4N (5D-4N) $334